Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
The search for the very best chocolate chip cookie led me to a bakery in New York City called Levain Bakery. According to many, they have the best chocolate chip cookies in the US. I wanted to to give them a try, so I searched for the best copycat recipe I could find, and they turned out to be pretty good!
Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycat Recipe
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Gradually add the flour, mixing just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide the cookie dough into 12 equal parts. Roll into balls. Place cookie dough balls in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from freezer and place 6 cookies on each cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool 5 to 7 minutes on the cookie sheets.
Copycat recipe from Plain Chicken